Legal in some states only
Civil unions with limited rights
No legislation defined
Best case scenario
Worst case scenario
(1) "Mapa del matrimonio homosexual en el mundo"
(2) "Do you think marriages between same-sex couples should be recognized by law as valid?" / Survey on the legalization of same-sex marriages in the U.S. 1996 to 2015 / Statista / 2015
(3) "61% of Young Republicans Support Same-Sex Marriage" / Statista / March 11, 2014
(4) "Religious Groups' Official Positions on Same-Sex Marriage" / Pew Research Center / July 2, 2015 // Vox Marriage Equality
(5) "The High Price of Being a Gay Couple" / The New York Times / October 2, 2009
Read also: A Non-religious Case Against Same-sex Marriage
and Gay Marriage: Is the struggle finally over, or is it just beginning?.
More Main Stories /
Do you wish to write for Colors?